Organized Craft Space - Greeting Card Organizer

I am working on organizing my craft room (since lately it has looked more like a junk storage room).  Today's project was organizing all of my greeting cards and blank crafting cards and their envelopes.  I like having a variety of greeting cards on hand for a few reasons.  The main reason being this: purchasing a box card assortment is WAY cheaper than buying individual cards one at a time.  Did you know that you can buy an entire box of 24 greeting cards for between $5 and $10???  Buying just one greeting card at the store is usually about $4 or $5.  It is much cheaper and super convenient to always have them on hand.  I also have an assortment of blank cards because I like crafting handmade cards myself.  I've never had one specific spot to keep all of my cards, so I was on a mission to find a way to organize them (and make them easy to find in my mess)!!!


I found this great clear organizer box with dividers on-line.  It is the perfect size for what I needed for all of my cards.  If you are interested in getting your own you can view it for purchase HERE.






I decided I wanted to create a label on my box with Chalkboard Contact Paper and a Liquid Chalk Marker.  I love the chalkboard contact paper because you can write on it, erase it and write again... cut it (or use your Cricut or Silhouette Craft Cutter) and cut it into any fun shape you like.  The contact paper sticks well but also can be easily removed when needed.  It works great on canisters in the pantry, arts and craft jars and organizers and so many more things...  Chalkboard labels in the kids room are super cute too!  Okay, okay, so I went off on a tangent... Now, back to my project :)


I love using Liquid Chalk Markers because the writing does not smudge when you touch it unless you wipe it with something damp or wet.  


I didn't like my writing the first time, so I erased it and re-wrote what I wanted in cursive.


We have an old little p-Touch Personal Labeler Machine by Brother that I used to label the inside dividers.  You can purchase these label makers under $20.  I've had mine for several years and it really comes in handy!


Having all of these greeting cards and craft cards organized will make it so much easier to find my cards when I need them!  It's amazing to me that this little bit of organization makes me feel so accomplished :)  


I like that this box easy to see and recognize no matter where I put it.  I have labeled the top and front so I will notice it even if it is in a stack of goodies!  I think I am going to get another one or two of these to sort crafting stickers and items that I have piled around my craft room (yes, I have piles, doesn't everyone???).  I like that I can stack several of them on top of one another and still see what is in them.  



I'm feeling so inspired after this project!  Now I just need to find the energy to organize the rest of the house :)  Anyone wanna help me?


Linking up -
Organizing Home Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Days of Chalk and Chocolate
Savvy Southern Style
Organize and Decorate Everything

6 comments:

  1. cute! love the chalkboard label. i need one of those chalk markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling this is such a great Idea! I would love to have my cards nicely organized and ready at the go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand exactly what you mean about craft room looking like a junk room!! We have been remodeling and of course working so my area that my hubby created for me is just piling up with everything from paper crafts to jewelry and fabrics!! Good luck with your organization this year and thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana!
    I love this idea! I need to organize my cards as well. :)
    I would love to feature this on my organizing blog, Organize and Inspire.
    I would use one photo and a link giving full credit to you and your blog.
    Just let me know! :)
    Traci
    beneathmyheart.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post Diana. I am a keeper of every greeting card that I have received through the years (I know, pretty sentimental), and have long stored them by just throwing them into some shoe boxes. This is a great way for me to organize those - and I know I'll take a nostalgic journey as I'm doing so. I'm enjoying your site!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana