Want to Take Better Photos?

I've been a little out of it this past week and haven't blogged too much.  I had a flu bug and then a migraine (ugh...), however I'm happy to report I am finally on the mend :)

Today while I was looking at posts from fellow bloggers, I ran across a post that I completely related to.  I am struggling to master taking great photographs.  In fact, I pretty much feel like I am still in kindergarten when it comes to photography.  I got a new camera just over a month ago, but so far I mostly use it on the auto setting. Often the pictures are either over exposed or under exposed.  On occasion I get a great shot, when the light in the room is just right, but it is RARE!  I need to learn how to manually adjust the settings to allow more light, less light, etc...  I know their all all kinds of photography terms, like aperture, f-stop, shutter speed... etc... but honestly they are all pretty much foreign to me.  The only setting I actually have experience with is AUTO... (insert laughing at self here).  My new camera has all of the capabilities, and even shoots 1080 video.  I just need to figure it all out.  The manual (book) that came with my camera is very basic and doesn't really teach much of anything.  I'm thinking of looking for an online photography course for dummies (yeah, I am admitting that when it comes to cameras, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box).  But that is okay with me.  I figure that as I learn, (so far from trial and error), I can only get better!  At least I hope I will :)

The link to the great post I came across is below. After reading her tips I feel inspired to figure my camera out and truly learn to take great pictures!

Between Naps on the Porch: One Thing I Wish I Had Known Before I Began Bloggi...: One of these days I'm going to write a post and title it: The 10 Things I Wish I Had Known When I First Began Blogging ."  If I ever write that post, "master the manual setting on your camera" will be at the very top of the list.   As proof, let me give you exhibit A, this picture of my guest room below...  Continued Reading Here


I hope her tips inspire you too!

Do any of you have any great photography suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. I am so frustrated. My good camera broke and I have been using a cheap point & shoot that takes terrible pictures. My dream is to buy a new camera like yours and take a course on how to use it!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana